Memorials / Fundraising » Tiny House Auction!
Tiny House Brings Huge Anticipation for Sanctuary Hospice
(Tupelo, Mississippi) – It started as a dream. A group of doctors and nurses from North Mississippi had just returned from a mission trip to Mexico. While in Mexico City, they visited a special place where to poor went to die. There was not enough medicine or supplies but there was an abundance of love and caring.
Rural Mississippi needed a place like this; a place where the terminally ill could go to live out their last days with dignity; a place that was not about giving up but rather, letting go with no suffering and no regrets; a place where there were no visiting hours; a place that encouraged family and friends to celebrate the life of their loved ones before they were gone.
From this dream was born Sanctuary Hospice House, a non-profit, 24 bed home that cares for the dying regardless of their ability to pay. Soon after, the community came together in an incredible fund-raising effort. The money poured in. It was no less than a miracle.
The sound of hammers and saws could soon the heard. In 2005, less than 5 years after the dream was born, Sanctuary Hospice House opened its doors: the first rural, inpatient hospice facility in the nation. For the past 12 years, Sanctuary Hospice, located in Tupelo MS has provided a refuge for people in need. The community continues to support the cause through sacrificial giving in order to raise the 1.5 million dollars needed annually to keep the doors open and the dream alive.
In August of 2016, the sound of hammers and saws could be heard again. Carpenters and plumbers volunteered their labor. Building materials were donated. Local business and individuals gave money. And once again, the community came together to build another house.
This new house, however, has a different purpose yet is still very much part of the dream. It’s a Tiny House: A mobile masterpiece to be auctioned off to the highest bidder with all proceeds going to support the Sanctuary Hospice Mission.
No expense was spared and no details were overlooked in building this 350 square foot luxurious craftsman’s style Tiny House that comes completely furnished and accessorized.
- The exterior is wrapped in beautiful cypress siding.
- The interior space lives much bigger than its size and offers lots of storage.
- This unique home offers 2 sleeping lofts. The master loft contains a queen size bed and the second loft has a full size bed.
- Unlike many tiny houses, this special home contains a full size bath complete with enclosed shower.
- The fully equipped kitchen features custom cabinets with quartz counter tops, top of the line stainless steel appliances; including a full size gas range with oven, a refrigerator, and a washer/dryer combo machine.
- Sunlight pours through the 12 Pella windows which serve to enhance the stunning hardwood floors and the tastefully decorated interior.
For questions, current information or to schedule a VIP tour, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Your year round comfort is guaranteed by an energy efficient Trane HVAC unit.