About Us » Myths & Facts
Learn the facts!
- Sanctuary Hospice helps people who are nearing the end of their lives.
- Sanctuary Hospice helps the entire family, not just the patient.
- Sanctuary Hospice continues to help the family of a patient after the patient dies.
- When patients choose hospice, they can keep their own doctor.
- Sanctuary Hospice patients continue to take many of the medications that they have been taking.
- Sanctuary Hospice care takes place in people’s homes as well as nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- People who change their minds about hospice can leave hospice.
- Some patients improve under hospice care and leave the program.
- Hospice care is not only for the very last week of someone’s life; patients can receive services for months.
- Hospice is not limited to six months of care.
Sanctuary Hospice welcomes calls asking for information at any time. 877-845-2111